2019-2020 Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
Maintaining your health while in college is important! For that reason, NNU requires all undergraduate and international (undergraduate and graduate) students to have health insurance. NNU facilitates a Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) for those who are uninsured or who have limited access to health care. For SHIP information and details, please download this Student Health Insurance Packet.
The following groups of students will be automatically billed for the SHIP:
- returning students who were admitted (or readmitted) in Fall 2015 or later;
- new, readmit and transfer students;
- international students.
New, Readmit, Transfer and Returning Students
Will be automatically billed for the NNU SHIP. You may waive the insurance by filling out the following form.Waiver Form
Graduate Students, and Students admitted before Fall 2015
Will not be automatically billed, But may purchase the NNU SHIP if desired by filling out the opt-in form.
All International students, undergraduate and graduate, will be automatically billed for the NNU Student Health Insurance Plan. If you are an international student, you will not be able to waive or provide proof of comparable insurance.
Health Insurance Waiver
Students whose insurance is compliant with the Affordable Care Act may waive out of the SHIP (exception - international students):
- Request to waive out by submitting the waiver form along with a copy of your health insurance card.
- Request must be submitted by the first day of classes at the beginning of each school year.
- After your request has been processed, you will receive an email confirming that your request has been approved or denied.
- If your request is approved, please allow 2 weeks for the charge to be subtracted from your account.
- If your request is denied, you may appeal that decision by completing the SHIP Waiver Appeal Process
Questions? Contact us at 208-467-8466 or email us at email@example.com