2016-2017 Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
Maintaining your health while in college is important! For that reason, NNU requires all students to have health insurance. NNU facilitates a Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) for those who are uninsured or who have limited access to health care. For SHIP information and details, please download this Student Health Insurance Packet.
The following groups of students will be automatically billed for the SHIP:
- returning students who were admitted (or readmitted) in Fall 2015 or later;
- new, readmit and transfer students;
- international students.
(Students admitted before Fall 2015 are not required to provide proof of insurance but they may opt-in; see details below.)
If you are not an international student, you may waive out of this insurance by submitting this waiver form along with a copy of your insurance card. Instructions for submitting the waiver are printed on the form.
Questions? Contact us at 208-467-8466 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
New, Readmit and Transfer Students
New, Readmit and Transfer students will be automatically billed for the NNU SHIP. You may waive the insurance by completing a waiver form a waiver form.
Admitted Fall 2015 or later - Returning students will be automatically billed for the NNU SHIP. You may waive the insurance by completing a waiver form.
Admitted before Fall 2015 - Returning students will not be automatically billed, but may purchase the NNU SHIP by submitting the SHIP opt-in form.
International Students - Before Fall 2016
International students will be automatically billed for the NNU Student Health Insurance Plan. If you are an international student, you will not be able to waive or provide proof of comparable insurance.
Health Insurance Waiver
Students whose insurance is compliant with the Affordable Care Act may waive out of the SHIP (exception - international students):
- Request to waive out by submitting the waiver form along with a copy of your health insurance card.
- Request must be submitted by the first day of classes (August 30, 2016)
- After your request has been processed, you will receive an email confirming that your request has been approved or denied.
- If your request is approved, please allow 2 weeks for the charge to be subtracted from your account.
- If your request is denied, you may appeal that decision by emailing email@example.com.